Every Friday we’re putting together some of the top stories from around the web and sharing the links here so you won’t miss a thing. Let’s get the conversation started!
News for July 15, 2011
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, directed by Wayne Wang and based on Lisa See’s bestselling novel is opening today! The novel of the same name has received an honorable mention from the Asian/Pacific American Awards for Literature. Read more at 8asians.com
- BlogHer contributor and white mother to her adopted African son spoke out about the importance of white families to teach their children about race. Denene at MyBrownBaby.com wrote an equally intriguing post on the same topic for Parenting.com.
- The U.S. held their first National Spanish Spelling Bee last week! Not surprisingly, a seventh-grader from New Mexico won! New Mexico has been holding state-wide Spanish Spelling Bees for the last 15 years!
- The BBC came under fire last week for their work on a three-part documentary focusing on The Life of Muhammad. The first episode has already aired, with the second episode due to air on Monday.
What do you think about this week’s Web411? Leave your ‘two cents’ in the comments.
Want to add a link to our community news? Send us an interesting link along with your short description and we might post it next week!
Latest posts by Chantilly Patiño (see all)
- The cutest interview ever…with a toddler! - February 2, 2016
- CNN Attacks Idea of Latina College Student on Sesame Street as “Silly” - January 28, 2016
- Talking with Kids About Sexual Health Can’t Start Too Soon - August 19, 2015