1 year later – Welcome to our new home!
We’re proud to announce this week that we are celebrating our one year anniversary since this site was founded. We’ve shared lots of stories with you and heard many of your stories as well, and now, we’re ready to take this site to a whole new level! We’ve revamped and refocused our mission and added a contributors page to feature the writers who continue to make this site a success.
You may also notice that the look of the site and the menus have changed quite a bit. In the main nav menu above, we’ve consolidated our offerings into seven streamlined categories:
- Society – Here we’ll feature all the latest news, commentary and social observations that foster critical thinking and analysis.
- Culture – A collection of articles related to language, heritage holidays, spirituality, food culture, travel and other cultural tidbits.
- Empowerment – All things uplifting and educational. Here we’ll discuss health, education, economic independence and many other topics related to empowerment and holistic success.
- Relationships – On Multicultural Familia, we discuss a wide variety of relationships. Whether your interfaith, intercultural, interracial or anything in between, you’re likely to find couples who are experiencing many of the same things that you are.
- Parenting – At the intersect of race, feminism and parenting. We talk natural parenting, conscious parenting and we also acknowledge our shortcomings and challenges. Read along for great content, relevant to modern families.
- Creative – All things crafty. Whether it be cooking, hobbies, crafting, bead work, etc., there are lots of cool things to discover in this category.
- Socialize - Our events tab. This is where we keep all the latest happenings on- and off-line. Learn more about our activities and multicultural events around the country.
Our anniversary podcast is right around the corner – please join us! We will be hosting another podcast this Wednesday to celebrate our contributors and their personal stories and experiences. Join us for some great conversation!
(See details below)
Upcoming Podcast Synopsis
Please join us on Wednesday, May 30th at 9pm EST/6pm PST for our first LIVE broadcast and follow us on Twitter at hashtag #MFamRadio to join in on the conversation. We are celebrating one year of multicultural storytelling! To celebrate, we’re inviting several of our contributors onto the show to share their stories with us, talk about why they started blogging and how they grew their unique multicultural communities online. Join Amanda (@MarocMama) & Chantilly (@BiculturalMom) for an open chat about why multicultural families thrive in this unique online space. Follow us on Blog Talk Radio. Listen to the show!
Latest posts by Chantilly Patiño (see all)
- VIDEO: Study Shows, Wealthy People Break the Law More Often - November 6, 2013
- The Hunted and the Hated: An Inside Look at the NYPD’s Stop and Frisk - September 29, 2013
- WATCH: Stop and Frisk – Keeshan says he’s been stopped over 100 times - September 29, 2013