New Series Makes Dreams Real for Brown Girls & Calms Childhood Check-up Fears
Scroll down for giveaway details…
I can’t say enough good things about this series. Doc McStuffins, which premiered last year and has been signed for a second season during Disney’s Summer programming, is a series aimed at children ages 2-7 years old. The show follows a 6-year-old girl as she gives imaginary check-ups to her toys and provides diagnosis by observing their symptoms.
If that on it’s own wasn’t encouraging enough, the icing on the cake is the fact that Doc McStuffins’ mother is a real doctor. Throughout the series, we see Doc bringing her “tough cases” to her mother for additional consultation and these sessions between Doc and her mother are what truly make the series stand out.
It’s not just that Doc has an imagination, but there is the physical presence of an example in her mother. This is both touching and poignant, since data shows that children gain confidence in their abilities from real life experiences. Not only does Doc McStuffins have an example in her mother, but the ability to watch Doc and her mother interact also provides children watching the program with the same example. Win, win!
More About Doc McStuffins
Doc McStuffins is created by the award-winning Writer and Producer Chris Nee (Blues Clues, Backyardigans, Little Bill) after her own experience with her sons check-up fears and is the first Black female lead in an animated series on Disney Junior. The show’s main characters consist of Doc, her mother, father and younger brother, as well as the stuffed animals and toys who both assist her and serve as patients.
Disney Junior’s newest hit animated TV series geared to kids ages 2-7, “Doc McStuffins,” will be available for the first time ever on Disney DVD and Digital Copy, August 21, 2012. Sure to become a fan favorite with parents and kids alike, “Doc McStuffins: Friendship Is The Best Medicine” includes a DVD featuring five full length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, a Digital Copy of the episodes – perfect for kids to watch anytime, anywhere – and also comes packaged with Doc’s special Big Book of Boo-Boos with fun activities plus character and boo-boo bandage stickers.
Related Stories About Doc McStuffins:
- Black doctors see hope in TV’s ‘Doc McStuffins’ | Yahoo/AP
- Disney Finds a Cure for the Common Stereotype With ‘Doc McStuffins’ | NYTimes
- Doc McStuffins renewed for a second season! An Interview with the show’s Creator Chris Nee! | CincoMom
- Doc McStuffins Inspires Young Black Girls to Dream Big | CLUTCH
- New and Next: Meet Kiara Muhammad, The Voice of Disney’s Newest Animated Character, ‘Doc McStuffins’ | ESSENCE
- 131 African American Women Physicians From Around The World Join Together To Express Thanks And Support For Disney’s Groundbreaking Children’s TV Show Doc McStuffins | Coily Embrace
Share Doc McStuffins with your little ones:
- View Doc McStuffins TV Schedule
- Play Doc McStuffins Games on Disney Junior
- Buy Doc McStuffins Toys at Toys-R-Us
- Buy Doc McStuffins DVD via Amazon
- Buy Doc McStuffins Doll via Amazon
- Buy Doc McStuffins Talking Checkup Set via Amazon
Doc McStuffins Printables:
- Doc McStuffins Doctor Kit
- Doc McStuffins First Aid Kit
- Doc McStuffins Adhesive Badges
- Doc McStuffins Nurse Hat
- Doc McStuffins Party Invitations
- Doc McStuffins Thank You Cards
- Doc McStuffins Cupcake Toppers
- Doc McStuffins Coloring Page
- Doc McStuffins Word Search
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY