Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Multicultural Familia™ welcomes guest writers to contribute articles that resonate with our readers by providing useful tips, sharing personal stories, relationship and parenting advice or thought-provoking discussions about identity and culture. You can learn more about Multicultural Familia™ and our mission by visiting our About page.
If you would like to contribute to Multicultural Familia™, please read our guidelines and submit your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take us a minimum of 48 hours to reply to your requests. Your patience is appreciated and thanks so much for your interest!
Article Submission Guidelines:
- You can send your submission in a Word document (you can do this for free via Google Docs).
- Please also include a brief bio (about 3-5 sentences), a head shot and social media links.
- Articles should be approximately 600-800 words, shorter or longer articles may also be accepted.
- Article images are welcome, but could be subject to change. Please do not send images that you do not have rights to use or ownership of.
- Content submitted should be relevant to multicultural/multiracial families and individuals. See recommended topics below.
- We love articles that tell personal stories, offer inspiration and tips or are thought provoking.
- If your submission is time sensitive (i.e. geared toward a specific event or holiday), please say so in the subject line by including a “publish by” date.
- If your article requires editing or is not approved for publishing, we will notify you at the email address that you provided in your submission form.
Article Topic Suggestions:
- Introducing co-workers, friends, family, etc. to culture
- The right to identify as “mixed/multiracial”
- “Good” hair/”Bad” hair stories or debate
- Natural hair care & Natural skin care
- Natural parenting topics (baby wearing, nursing, co-sleeping)
- Skin color and identity, skin bleaching, body image, etc.
- How to raise confident kids
- Politics, news and causes
- How to handle instances of racism
- How to fight workplace discrimination
- Multicultural product reviews and experiences
- How to give your child a multicultural education
- Multicultural parenting resources
- Raising biracial/multiracial teens
- Religion and conflict in interfaith relationships
- How are stereotypes created?
- How can we dismantle our prejudices?
- In-laws and family relationships
- Fun family activities or crafts
- Raising multilingual/bilingual kids
- Favorite recipes and cooking tips
- How to get your kids interested in new traditions, foods, music, etc
- Fun stories that relate to interracial/biracial/multicultural/multilingual life
- Travel tips and best destinations for multicultural families
- Tips and inspirational stories about pursuing higher education and community leadership
- Definitions for popular terms like biracial/multiracial, interracial/intercultural, bicultural/multicultural, etc.
- Language game sites online for kids and language learning online for adults
- Book, movie and product reviews of interest to diverse families
- Personal experiences with interracial relationships, multiracial parenting, racism, etc
- Dealing with issues such as physical, emotional and sexual abuse
- Resources and tips on how to teach children to think and act critically
Thank you so much for your interesting in contributing to Multicultural Familia™! We look forward to hearing from you!